Increase efficiency by streamlining the creative process
Marketing teams are under pressure to churn out more content, faster. Bynder’s Creative Workflow module helps your team streamline requests, reviews, and approvals for better creative and faster results.Book a demo Watch video
How can Bynder’s Creative Workflow help you?
Standardize creative requests
With Bynder’s Creative Workflow, stay on top of requests, never be confused about a project's purpose, deadline, department, or stakeholders again.
Enable users to make creative requests and provide briefing information to ensure creative workflow management is a smooth process.
Review and proof your content
With configurable workflows, involve the right stakeholders at the right stage to keep review rounds moving quickly.
Use annotations, assign tasks, and add comments to collaborate on your content and/or compare versions.
Approve and publish your content quickly
Eliminate process bottlenecks by bringing all relevant stakeholders together to ensure everything is on-brand and fit for publishing.
Once approved, automatically route your assets to your Bynder DAM, so others can use your content.
The workflow module is the feature we use most and has the biggest impact on the team. It enables us to easily see what stage each project is up to and manage business priorities.
Analyze project workflow efficiency
Use Bynder’s Analytics module to discover how efficient your project workflow process is and scale up or scale down creative resources as needed.
Manage the full asset lifecycle
Easy approval of creative assets
Configurable to your own creative process
A guide for creative project management
Automate the mundane admin work and spend more time actually being creative.
The creative director’s guide to DAM
Learn how you can create a smooth-operating creative workflow with DAM.
The definitive guide to digital asset management
Discover the key features, benefits, and use cases of DAM.
More products and add-ons
We provide tailored solutions to fit the needs of each and every brand. Our add-on modules offer features and functionality to complement Bynder’s core digital asset management solution, which you can learn more about below.
Creative Workflow FAQs
What is a creative workflow?
A creative workflow refers to the process of managing and organizing creative projects within an organization or agency. Typical tasks within creative workflow management include sending/receiving creative briefs; assigning relevant stakeholders to the appropriate tasks; managing the timelines and progress of a creative project; creating and managing feedback, and any other tasks that help translate creative ideas into final execution.
Creative workflow management usually falls under the responsibilities of a dedicated creative project manager, who helps coordinate the progress and delivery of collaborative projects from start to finish.
Learn more: A guide for creative project management.
Why do you need a structured creative workflow process?
Effective creative workflow management provides a clearly-defined framework for teams to follow to make sure work is done in a timely manner, within budget, and to a high standard. Here are a few key reasons why a structured creative workflow process is important:
- Ensures team projects are briefed properly and the roles and responsibilities are assigned to the correct team members
- Expectations are managed regarding timelines and budgets
- Minimizes delays and creative bottlenecks if problems arise via clear tracking and communication between all team members, ensuring everyone stays on track
- Feedback and approval rounds are efficiently managed to ensure everyone is satisfied prior to final sign-off
What are the steps in the creative workflow process?
There is no single ‘right’ way to structure a creative workflow process, but most include the following general steps from start to finish:
- Initiation: The team or stakeholder identifies the need for a creative asset/campaign. Goals and objectives are established, and the scope of the project is defined. Deadlines and a general outline of the project execution are also documented.
- Planning: A detailed project plan and/or creative briefing is made based on the business case. The project should be broken down into smaller tasks and relevant stakeholders assigned, helping to establish a clear outline of the timeline, deliverables, and responsibilities within the team. Once the human and technical resources required for the project are clarified, a budget can be calculated (and organized with procurement if necessary).
- Execution: This is when the real work takes place, and where the value of a creative workflow management tool (i.e. Bynder’s Creative Workflow) shows its true value. Much of the admin and project management work can be automated, ensuring everyone stays on track and aligned with the project goals.
- Sign-off: Gather, incorporate, and approve any final feedback on the project deliverables. It’s also at this stage that you can take a retrospective analysis of the project’s successes and failures, see if any changes should be made for next time, and of course, celebrate a job well done.
What is Bynder’s Creative Workflow solution?
With creative workflow solutions like Bynder’s Creative Workflow, you have the tools you need to accelerate production, hit deadlines, and stay on top of demand. Project workflows can be easily managed by streamlining and automating requests, reviews, and approvals for better creative team processes and faster results.
Bynder’s Creative Workflow solution allows you to centralize, organize, and optimize communication between all stakeholders (internal and external) and also make sure the latest assets are synced in your digital asset management library. Creative Workflow fully integrates with our core digital asset management solution (DAM), and teams can benefit from automating mundane admin tasks and streamlining the delivery of exceptional content experiences.
Follow a project every step of the way. So you can not only create more accountability but also track and optimize your creative development processes and resources. Easily define your creative and collaborative workflow processes and enable users to make new requests with predefined tasks and responsible parties. Never be confused about a project's purpose, deadline, department, or stakeholders again.
In Creative Workflow, all requests are lodged via a standardized form; reducing the likelihood of confusion regarding a task’s purpose, deadline, or team. Without needing to download a file, you can leave annotations on an asset preview and approve or reject work. Send it back for improvements, or store it in your asset library once it’s good to go.
What are the benefits of Bynder’s Creative Workflow solution?
Deliver projects on time
With Creative Workflow, you can keep track of tasks and projects and receive alerts and notifications so you can follow the progress being made. Creative processes become more transparent, allowing you to catch obstacles early on and avoid the last-minute changes that cause teams to miss deadlines.
Track every step
Use Creative Workflow to document all the activities tied to project completion. Then you can use built-in analytics to gain insight into your creative processes from content ideation to final approval.
Shape processes the way your team works best
Creative Workflow helps you standardize processes, adapt them to your teams, and address your specific needs. The best solutions will allow you to build replicable processes that scale across geographically dispersed or growing teams. With the ability to add or remove steps, you have the flexibility to create processes that help you get the job done right.
Built around your needs
Comments and annotations allow you to provide clear feedback and collaborate effectively during the review process by leaving comments and notifying team members at every stage.
Smart version control sidesteps any confusion about the multiple drafts floating around—new version uploads can be easily reviewed and compared side-by-side, then saved and synced.
Approvals are easy, too! You’re able to make sure all the right people review and approve before closing out the project. Set a responsible person or group to ensure every box is ticked, and go to market with complete peace of mind.