Definition: ISO 22301:2019
What is ISO 22301:2019?
ISO 22301:2019 is a certification awarded by independent accreditation bodies to those organizations that take rigorous measures to protect client companies from the risks associated with downtime following unexpected disruptive incidents. This ISO certification certifies that a company has robust contingency plans in place to mitigate the consequences of incidents and disasters—whether intentional or unintentional—that could result in loss of data; such as:
What are the benefits of contracting an ISO 22301-certified?
A company that's ISO 22301-certified can continue to operate and provide its services even in the event of major incidents and disasters. Some of the measures these companies take to guarantee their clients' business continuity include:
- Implementing a "Plan, Do, Check and Act" framework
- Ensuring the company remains operational in case of incidents with the ability to rapidly recover from disruptions and have backup services and processes available
- Identifying business continuity risks and control them
- Continuously audit company business continuity processes and make sure the management system is up to date
- Constantly meet local and global legal and regulatory compliance
- Maintain optimum client product availability levels
- Strengthen the management system against disruption events
Is Bynder ISO 22301:2019-certified?
Yes, Bynder is ISO 22301:2019-certified by an independent third party. Always strive to determine if your current or future DAM provider meets the highest security, privacy, and business continuity standards by checking their compliance with ISO standards. Look for providers who can showcase at least the following ISO certificates: ISO 27001, ISO 27018, and ISO 22301—these indicate a commitment to security, safeguard of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), and business continuity, respectively. More information about accreditations and certifications can be found on our Security page.