Definition: ISO 27001:2013
Information Security Management Systems
What is ISO 27001:2013?
ISO 27001:2013 is a certification awarded by independent accreditation bodies to those companies that take rigorous measures to establish, implement, maintain, and continually improve an information security management system within the organization’s context. It provides companies with a set of standardized requirements to:
- Ensure data protection at all times
- Manage risks to information security effectively
- Understand and anticipate applicable regulations and legislations
- Protect the company’s brand image
What are the benefits of contracting an ISO 27001-certified company?
A company that is certified annually by an independent third-party accreditation body to be ISO 27001:2013-compliant ensures to:
- Have an implemented "Plan, Do, Check and Act" framework for information security
- Keep confidential information secure
- Ensure information is exchanged securely
- Enhance customer satisfaction and improve client retention
- Provide consistent delivery of your service or product
- Build a culture of security
- Protect the company, assets, shareholders, and directors
Is Bynder ISO 27001:2013-certified?
Yes, Bynder is ISO 27001:2013 certified by an independent third party. Always strive to determine if your current or future DAM provider meets the highest security, privacy, and business continuity standards by checking their compliance with ISO standards. Look for providers who can showcase at least the following ISO certificates: ISO 27001, ISO 27018, and ISO 22301—these indicate a commitment to security, safeguard of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), and business continuity, respectively. More information about accreditations and certifications can be found on our Security page.
The Forrester Wave™ Digital Asset Management for Customer Experience, Q1 2022
Understand the benefits of DAM, how to select a DAM provider, which DAM is right for your business, and get an overview of Bynder and other DAM platforms.
10 fun facts about digital asset management
Companies spend big bucks on creating and managing digital assets! Click here to check out more facts about digital asset management you might not know!