Why should you invest in content management software?
What is content management software?
With the explosion of digital technology, your company must manage and share content across a growing number of online channels. Meanwhile, your teams demand easy and secure access to their organization’s valuable digital assets―from any place, at any time.
Content management systems provide the tools needed to access, manage, retrieve, distribute and publish digital content. Digital content encompasses digital files including images, photos, presentations, documents, videos, multimedia and any other content.
Content management tools in the Cloud provide efficient content life cycle management. The majority of companies require some form of online content management in order to create and share their content.
The process of content management begins with production. Enterprise content has many touch points for editing cycles, review stages, and the eventual publication, with each step crucial in producing high-quality content. Large organizations typically have a content manager that oversees this process and are successful by utilizing the best content management system.
Bynder provides an easy-to-use platform to control digital assets across departments, marketing channels, and global enterprise teams. Bynder also integrates with other solutions so IT can continue to improve and future-proof a company’s competitive advantage.
What are the benefits of content management software?
Change is constant. Content management platforms contain everything you need to work in entirely new and better ways. Enterprise teams can boost productivity with easy-to-deploy cloud content management. Businesses can collaborate on digital files, share content between teams, preserve important digital assets, monitor content growth and access, connect teams with specific files, distribute digital assets across marketing channels like social media, ensure users and channels are always using latest versions, control rights management, and make sure decisions and work gets done fast.
With Bynder, content management is easy. Loved by users for its easy-to-use interface and by IT for its enterprise-level flexibility and security, Bynder empowers companies to succeed quickly around the world.
Content management software overview
Regardless of location, get everyone on the same page with your brand guidelines, files and asset usage. Bynder allows teams to work from a controlled central location where they can create, access, review, control, and monitor branded digital assets like videos, business cards, presentations, graphics, documents, banners and other valuable digital media. With Bynder, your organization’s brand growth, brand consistency, and marketing productivity are accelerated.
Social content management
Socialize your assets. Quickly distribute content across all your valuable social channels. Bynder enables users to rapidly locate digital assets and share them directly across social channels. Banners, graphics, photos, PDFs, documents, videos, audio and other valuable content can be distributed with ease.
Mobile content management
Your teams constantly travel, work from home or their local coffee shop, and many other locations. Remove the bottlenecks. Bynder provides easy content management for your fast-moving mobile workforce. Access and manage digital files from anywhere, at any time, from any device.
Bypass the use of conventional distribution methods like DVDs, CDs, uploading and downloading from e-mail or slow obsolete servers, etc. With Bynder, you can easily distribute your digital assets to multiple sources with just a few clicks.
Remove the siloes and bottlenecks. Connect teams with constant communication using real-time alerts and commenting. Allow teams to access and exchange files in a seamless and secure way inside and outside your enterprise. With an easy-to-use centralized platform, version control, permissions, expirations, and collaboration features your organization will never use outdated files or waste time looking for what they need.
Easy search & findability
Find files fast. With full-text search capabilities within documents, Bynder actually searches within a file’s content to deliver the right results. For a controlled vocabulary across your organization, departments can import a list of pre-defined search terms that users can search against. Custom keyword and metadata fields allow organizations to tailor Bynder to their unique environment. Bynder also supports photo metadata standards, including IPTC and XMP.
Securely share & track
The ability to protect and monitor the usage of valuable digital assets is important for any smart enterprise. Also, sharing sensitive content is a justifiable cause for concern for organizations. Bynder’s powerful permissions, enterprise-level security, reporting, and analytics capabilities give you complete control over your digital files. With automated alerts and notifications, you will always know when someone downloads, uploads, deletes, or adds comments to any file.
Bynder enables you to have complete control over your valuable digital assets and deliver a high-quality, consistent brand. You can activate, deactivate, monitor, protect, and control the usage of your content. When it comes to brand management, you can rapidly grow and control brand consistency across your entire global workforce. And with files professionally organized, structured and searchable, you can rest assured that valuable content is not lost or unreachable.
Marketing technology: too much of a good thing?
There’s a lot to love about marketing technology. But you want to make sure it’s working for you, not against you.
Content management software: frequently asked questions
Who uses content management?
Anyone in an organization involved in the content lifecycle leverages digital content management. Creative and marketing teams have the most involvement with the creation and distribution of images, video, presentations and digital content. The entire organization can utilize content management solutions to access the digital assets it needs.
An easy content management system requires no training and can quickly be adopted for enterprise-wide use. Check-out how Bynder is used across an organization:
- Creative professionals use content management applications to streamline the production of content and benefit from shorter review and edit cycles thanks to increased communication with tools like real-time alerts, commenting, Collections and more
- Marketers can quickly distribute content to various web properties and ensure brand consistency with easy monitoring and tracking of their digital assets
- Sales teams can find and access the latest versions of enterprise content. Once new versions of assets are added, they get an automated alert of the update and can leverage new presentations, whitepapers, videos or any other content created for their use
- IT teams benefit from enterprise content management systems that are quick to deploy with enterprise-level security standards and don’t require IT support for upgrades or maintenance. IT teams can also integrate Bynder with other business applications to streamline company workflows
What’s the key to being a successful content manager?
If you’re vamping up your content management strategy and need a content manager to oversee everything or plan to hire one, it’s important to know what characteristics are important to achieve effective brand management.
- Strong leadership qualities, especially solid communication skills, are necessary for any management role. Being a brand manager requires constantly educating and guiding all departments in an organization to be aligned.
- The best offense is always a good defense. Brand managers are tasked to protect their brand from messaging that might be negative. Problem-solving skills are necessary to approach sticky situations and prevent PR nightmares, or at least diffuse them to minimize additional damage to an overall brand.
- Being organized is vital for brand managers to reach their goals. Utilizing software solutions that enable social media monitoring, brand asset distribution, and centralizing all brand materials are great ways to stay on top of everything.
- Strategic thinking allows brand managers to keep their brand fresh and ahead of the competition. Be aware of current news and trends that influence your target audience and customers. Keep your eyes open for creative opportunities to engage new customers.
How do I know if I need to invest in content management software?
First, analyze how you currently manage your digital assets and workflows for collaboration, sharing, finding and distributing these assets.
- Is it resource-intensive to find your assets? If it takes more than a couple minutes to find and share your digital files, Bynder’s software can help. With innovative tools for organizing and searching, your team won’t have to spend valuable time hunting for files.
- Can your assets be accessed wherever and whenever you need them? Accessibility is crucial for productivity. If your team cannot get to the files or resources they need, recreating assets push deadlines and raise issues from duplicate content and brand inconsistencies. DAM software ensures your team always has the resources they need.
- Does your current system provide enterprise-level security for storage, access and sharing? Important business assets need to be locked down in a stable and secure environment. Reputable DAM companies ensure the safety of all your digital assets with secure data centers and constant monitoring.
- What is the ROI from DAM? The main factors are listed above, but there are many other reasons why businesses invest in DAM.
Learn exactly how Bynder can help boost the ROI of your content with our guide to marketing resource management.
How do I select the best content management system?
When you’re looking to select the best digital asset management software for your business, you need to know the current challenges your company faces when managing your digital assets. Discuss specific workflows that will solve these challenges with top digital asset management companies.
- Identify who the key users of the DAM system are and discuss all the required features and functionality they need and want
- Consider important factors like security, cloud architecture, integrations, implementation process, professional services, customer experience and user adoption
- Compare leading DAM systems like Bynder with our DAM vendor comparison guide